See the full blog post here.
Dried Black Beans
6 hours preparation, 1 hour 20 minutes cook time, 3 spoon
-Dried black beans (amount depends on recipe)
- Rinse the black beans well in cold water, several times. The water should no longer be cloudy when they’re clean
- In a bowl, cover the black beans with warm water, cover the bowl with a lid
- Soak for at least 6 hours, longer is okay.
- Rinse the beans again and drain
- Transfer beans to a pot and add water (3 – 4 cups per cup of beans)
- Bring to a boil on high heat
7. Sprinkle salt and pepper (if you want)
8. Boil for 10 minutes
9. Bring to a simmer, low heat and cover for 1 hour
10. After an hour, taste the beans to see if they are fully cooked. If not, give them some more time
11. If excess water in the pot, drain beans
12. Now they are ready for your recipe!
Please let me know if you try this recipe! Did you find it easy to follow? I would appreciate any feedback you have. Reach out to me by email email@example.com or on Facebook.